ARTSISTERS MEMBERSHIP GUIDELINES
ARTsisters advertises for potential members on various forums, such as Inliquid, Craig’s List, Twitter, Facebook and Philly Side Arts. Applicants also come to us by word of mouth and through our website. The Membership Chairperson will keep a waiting list on file until we have openings. If interested in joining ARTsisters, please email us at ARTsistersphila@gmail.com.
Once openings are available, interested applicants will be sent a membership packet that includes an application, guidelines and expectations of membership, a description of the group and how we function.
Criteria for Membership:
- Quality of body of work
- Working artist – commitment to producing new artwork
- Participation in at least three art exhibitions (including at least one juried art exhibition) in the last two years
- Internet presence (website preferred), computer savvy
- Responsive to communication by email in a timely fashion
- Commitment to community outreach
- Group commitment – active involvement with committees and attending monthly meetings
Interested artists will submit the following items for committee review:
- Completed application
- Artist’s statement
- Internet address to view images of your artwork (Please note: Images will be reviewed by committee on-line only. Please do not send digital images with your application.)
After preliminary review by the membership committee, each eligible artist will be invited to meet with the committee for an interview and to present 3 pieces of original work. The committee will use a point system to assess each applicant. The membership committee chairperson will then contact the applicants after all interviews are completed.
Please note: For accepted artists, there is a 6-month trial period. Membership dues will be returned during this trial period if a new member artist does not feel that she can continue as a member of ARTsisters. Membership dues for new members are $100; continuing artists will pay dues of $75 per year. Dues are to be paid by September 30th.