ARTsisters is a group of professional women visual artists who empower each other and the community through art.
It is our belief that the collective energy generated, motivated and inspired by emerging women artists creates synergy. We further believe that the numerous distractions and overwhelming responsibilities that our lives present tend to drain us if we stand alone. Therefore, our mission is to unite, support, share, encourage, critique and, sometimes, push our sisters when we cannot go it alone.
The creative resources each and every one of us possess, once collected, organized and made available collaboratively, will provide a never-ending inspirational wealth that no one of us could accumulate without the others. There are so many things each of us do not know, yet it is our view that our collective knowledge is boundless.
We share our creative energy to benefit the community through exhibitions, special projects, workshops and art donations.
Criteria for Membership:
- Quality of body of work
- Working artist – commitment to producing new artwork
- Participation in at least three art exhibitions (including at least one juried art exhibition) in the last two years
- Internet presence (website preferred), computer savvy
- Responsive to communication by email in a timely fashion
- Commitment to community outreach
- Group commitment – active involvement with committees and attending monthly meetings
PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
- Why do you want to join ARTsisters?
- What skills can you contribute to the group? Which committee (exhibition venues, public relations/communications, website, programming, social media) would you like to serve on?
- What are your art goals and where would you like to see yourself in five years?
- In what shows have you exhibited in the last two years? Which ones were juried?
Email resume, bio and Artist Statement along with this completed application to ARTsistersphila@gmail.com.
After preliminary review by the membership committee, eligible artists will be invited to meet with the committee for an interview and to present 3 pieces of original work. The committee will use a point system to assess each applicant. The membership committee chairperson will then contact the applicants after all interviews are completed.
Please note: For accepted artists, there is a 6-month trial period. Membership dues will be returned during this trial period if a new member artist does not feel that she can continue as a member of ARTsisters. Membership dues for new members are $100; continuing artists will pay dues of $75 per year. Dues are to be paid by September 30th.
Put Your Content Here.